Payroll Administrator – Cambridge, Ontario
For over forty years, VanMar’s values have remained the same – and we continue to live by them everyday. Today, VanMar is a well-established and highly respected Design-Builder, Construction Manager, General Contractor, and Developer specializing in multi-residential, high rise, mid rise, institutional, and mixed-use projects.
We are growing and looking to add an experienced Payroll Administrator to our dynamic team of professionals at our Head Office located in Cambridge, ON.
As the successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Assistant Controller and Human Resources Manager and will be responsible for the timely processing of payroll and remittances as well as providing functional administrative support to Human Resources.
- Prepare, verify, and process all employee payroll related payments, including regular pay, retroactive adjustments, benefit payments, and special payments such as bonuses and vacation pay (3 pay cycles- weekly, biweekly, and semi-monthly).
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, union dues, garnishments, etc.
- Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Ensures hourly timecards are setup with proper cost codes aligned with project budget.
- Prepare and submit CRA, EHT and WSIB remittances and reconcile annual filing reports
- Prepare and submit union withholdings and reporting.
- New employee onboarding set up.
- Record of Employment (ROE) processing and submittal in keeping with governing timelines and company policies and procedures.
- T4/T2200 and Auto Taxable Benefit/Mileage declaration administration.
- Benefit administration and reconciliation including employee additions, deletions, and changes as well as updating fringe benefits and deductions.
- Assists in maintaining and updating records of employee attendance, leave, and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements.
- Company IT asset allocations to new and existing employees, procurement, repairs, upgrade management under the direction of Human Resources.
- Process employee expense reports and asset statements.
- Process employee Fuel Card and Cell Phone billing statements
- Respond to internal client inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide confidential administrative support to Human Resources such as the composition of correspondence, maintaining resources, processing department mail, reference checks etc.
- All other duties/projects as assigned by Human Resources and Finance.
- A post-secondary diploma in Business or Office or Payroll Administration, Accounting, or Human Resources and/or related equivalent experience.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in payroll and supportive clerical/administrative capacity within a Human Resources or Accounting department.
- Knowledge of Payroll Compliance Legislation and the Ontario Employment Standards Act.
- Knowledge of Introductory Accounting and Accounting Principles including the recording, analysis, and reporting of financial information.
- Knowledge of office administration and clerical practices and procedures.
- Sage 300 CRE / Timberline Software experience is preferred.
- Advanced abilities in a computerized environment utilizing software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), HRIS, and web-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven, environment.
- Ability to function effectively within a team and collaborate well with staff, colleagues, and managers.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze data, strong organizational skills, demonstrated attention to detail.
$50,000 – $60,000 compensation commensurate with experience.
As a reputable company, integrity, trust, and commitment drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, VanMar is the type of company where you can balance great work and great life. It doesn’t matter if you are right out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits and we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do. VanMar provides:
- Excellent Compensation
- Comprehensive Health Coverage for you and your family
- Performance Structured Bonus Plan
- Employee Referral Rewards
- Continuing Education Funding for Career Development and Growth
- Compensated Travel
- Health and Wellness
- Company Events
- Medical Conscience Rights
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email