Mid-rise Wood Frame and Mid/High-rise Construction Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent
VanMar Constructors/Developments is seeking motivated, energetic individuals to fill residential mid-rise wood frame and mid/high-rise Superintendents and Assistant Superintendent positions. As the Superintendent you will lead the success of multi-residential mid-rise and high-rise project that will commence in Fall 2024 and early 2025. While working with a dynamic team of construction experts, you will be reporting to the General Superintendent and expected to perform duties with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative, following high level guidance and intent.
What you will be responsible for: (including but not limited to)
- Coordinating site construction activities and managing on-site personnel.
- Works closely with Project Manager(s), consultants, trades, inspectors, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensures construction projects are constructed in accordance with contract documents and construction site ‘best practices’.
- Provides overall on-site management of daily on-site activities such as coordination of on-site crews, equipment, material, and sub-trades.
- Creates and enforces project schedules with sub-trades and vendors.
- Ensures workmanship of sub-trades meet company quality standards.
- Provides site administrative functions such as Daily Work Reports, Purchasing, Site Meetings, Shop Drawing reviews, etc.
- Ensures compliance with VanMar’s Health & Safety Program.
What you will bring:
- Carpenters ticket or trade-based certification is considered an asset.
- Years of experience in the general construction industry and extensive experience in project execution of multi-residential mid-rise, and high-rise projects.
- An industry recognized degree equivalent to a 3-year diploma in construction technology, a professional designation, or an equivalent in combination of education/experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of construction methods from project start up through to project completion.
- Knowledge of Environmental & H&S Legislation and the ability to enforce safety on-site.
- Proficiency in construction site ‘best practices’.
- Proficiency in developing and enforcing project schedules and the efficient sequencing of work to achieve the shortest possible construction duration.
- Technical knowledge of site work, building structures, building envelopes, and interior finishes.
- A detailed and practical approach to Quality Management and Quality Control.
- An individual who can handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interacting directly with customers, third party engineering consultants, trades, etc.
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Geographic areas would be Kitchener/Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Milton, Hamilton, Oakville, Mississauga
ADDITION INFORMATION – WE TAKE CARE OF OUR EMPLOYEES:
As a reputable company, integrity, trust and commitment drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, VanMar is the type of company where you can balance a great career and a great life.
We strive to have parity of benefits and we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do. VanMar provides:
• Excellent Compensation
• Comprehensive Health Coverage for you and your family
• Company Vehicle
• Performance Structured Bonus Plan
• Employee Referral Rewards
• Continuing Education Funding for Career Development and Growth
• Compensated Travel
• Health and Wellness
• Company Events
VanMar recognizes and values the contributions of all of its employees to building projects of the highest quality. As a result, our company has become a trusted and reputable developer and builder throughout Ontario and British Columbia. To learn more about our company, please visit our website: www.vanmarconstructors.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.