Experienced Senior Project Manager – Cambridge, ON
Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity, and are you a strategic thinker yet comfortable rolling up your sleeves? And, do you enjoy connecting with all disciplines of general construction?
VanMar is seeking a motivated, energetic individual to fill the Senior Project Manager role who has experience with wood frame mid-rise construction. As the Senior Project Manager, you will lead to the success of assigned projects which will begin mid-2022. You will work with a dynamic team of construction experts, and you will report to the Senior Construction Manager. In this position you are expected to perform duties with minimal supervision and high degree of initiative. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact!
- Accountable for the overall performance of the project including costs, scheduling, quality, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Leads, directs, and coordinates the daily management of the project(s).
- Planning, scheduling, setting objectives, and controlling activities throughout the construction phase of the project(s) with the involvement of the Superintendent and other project team members.
- Administration and management of the prime contract and subcontracts inclusive of negotiation and awarding of subcontracts for scopes of work.
- Review and evaluate subcontractor performance.
- Manage project budget, as well as, review and timely approval of monthly progress billings.
- Review and analysis of costs and identify revenue opportunities.
- Monthly reporting on financial and overall performance of project to Senior Management.
- Maintains positive relationships with clients, consultants, architects, and subcontractors.
- Supervision and development of project team members through mentoring, regular feedback, and timely completion of performance evaluations.
- +/-10 years of experience in the general construction industry.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager in project execution of wood frame midrise residential projects.
- An industry recognized degree equivalent to a 3-year diploma in construction technology, a professional designation, or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Knowledge of construction methods from project start up through to project completion.
- A high level of technical understanding and experience as it relates to Canadian Construction Industry including planning, estimating, scheduling, cost controls, and contract management.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills within a team environment are required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Project and Timberline is required.
- Field experience is an asset.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Ability to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency interacting directly with customers, third party engineering consultants, trades, etc.
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities.
- Effective communicator both written and oral.
As a reputable company, integrity, trust and commitment drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, VanMar is the type of company where you can balance great work and great life. It doesn’t matter if you are right out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits and we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do. VanMar provides:
- Excellent Compensation
- Comprehensive Health Coverage for you and your family
- Performance Structured Bonus Plan
- Employee Referral Rewards
- Continuing Education Funding for Career Development and Growth
- Compensated Travel
- Health and Wellness
- Company Events
- Medical Conscience Rights
VanMar recognizes and values the contributions of all of its employees to building projects of the highest quality. As a result, our company has become a trusted and reputable builder throughout Ontario and British Columbia.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Submit your resume by email