Deficiency Carpenter – Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
We are growing and looking to add an experienced Deficiency Carpenter to our team. If you are interested in growth opportunity, dependable, possess a positive attitude, pay attention to detail, work well independently and part of a team, we want to hear from you!
- Collaborate with homeowners, construction teams, and customer service & warranty team members.
- Perform paint touch ups, drywall, flooring, tile, minor plumbing repairs, etc. in accordance with quality standards.
- Hands-on completion of warranty service work including: Pre-PDI, PDI, 30 Day, Year end and Second Year Statutory forms as required.
- Complete repairs as identified on the warranty forms.
- Maintain positive relationships with homeowners.
- Identify service issues and corrects or reports to Customer Service & Warranty Lead for
- Locate and retrieve necessary material(s)/tool(s) to complete assigned work.
- Update BuilderLynx system as required.
- Fulfill daily schedule task requirements.
- Compliance with company and legislative Health and Safety training and reporting
- 3+ years of relevant experience in new home warranty and service.
- Experience in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, drywall, and painting is required.
- Finish Carpentry/Framing Ticket preferred.
- Basic knowledge of BuilderLynx and Procore software is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Tarion Warranty Guidelines and Tarion Condominium Construction Performance
- Ability to problem solve.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Customer service focused.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety protocols on a construction site and demonstrates a
safety conscious mindset.
- Ability to skillfully use hand and power tools.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage variable workloads.
- Strong attention to detail and motivated to meet quality control standards.
- WHMIS, Working at Heights, Occupational Health and Safety Awareness Training Certificates.
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
- Some tasks will need to be performed on an active construction site.
- Some tasks will need to be performed in occupied units.
VanMar Constructors is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email