Customer Service & Warranty Administrator – Cambridge, ON
For over forty years, VanMar’s values have remained the same – and we continue to live by them everyday. Today, VanMar is a well-established and highly respected Design-Builder, Construction Manager, General Contractor, and Developer specializing in multi-residential, high rise, mid rise, institutional, and mixed-use projects.
We are growing and looking to add an experienced Customer Service & Warranty Administrator to our dynamic team of professionals. This position will be held at the Head Office located in Cambridge, ON.
Reporting to the Customer Service & Warranty Lead, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for ensuring homeowners receive the best-in-class customer service and that warranty service requests are fulfilled in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for ensuring that homeowners receive best-in-class customer service.
- Promptly responds to internal and external customer service & warranty inquiries.
- Records accurate time and materials for recoverable billings and reports to Accounting for same as required.
- Performs assigned task work or ad-hoc assignments when need to meet the needs of the business.
- Complies with VanMar policies and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Liaises with project owners/developers concerning Tarion dates.
- Responsible for the administration of the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) process.
- Conducts Pre-Delivery Inspections with homeowners.
- Collects, reviews, and monitors Tarion 30-Day and Year-End Statutory Warranty Form submissions.
- Creates and maintains positive relationships with homeowners and clients.
- Tracks all Tarion occupancy notices for all the projects and ensures notices are sent out in a timely fashion.
- Administers all warranty work on various projects with the assistance of the Customer Service & Warranty Lead.
- Assists with the one-year warranty inspection process as required.
- Collects, reviews, and monitors Year-End Statutory Warranty Form and Performance Audits.
- Schedules the Customer Service & Warranty Technicians (Deficiency Carpenters) and accountable for reporting and correcting service/warranty items through the full Tarion life cycle.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the mid and high rise construction new home service industry.
- 2+ years experience in customer service.
- A post-secondary diploma in Business or Office Administration, trade certificate, or combination of relevant experience and education.
- General Carpentry, drywall, painting, etc. experience is considered an asset.
- Solid understanding of the Tarion Construction Performance Guidelines.
- Proficiency with Builder Lynx and Procore software is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and convey solutions for problem resolution.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- Some tasks will need to be performed on an active construction site.
- Some tasks will need to be performed in occupied units.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email