Administrative Assistant – Cambridge, ON
We are growing and looking to add an experienced Administrative Assistant to our dynamic team of professionals at our Head Office located in Cambridge, ON.
This position is one of considerable breadth and is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to interact with several disciplines on various projects to both leverage and build upon their existing skills to navigate through complex challenges.
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for providing day to day administrative support to the President and functional department heads with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity.
- Ensures administrative processes and procedures are performed in accordance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Handling complex administrative assignments of a diverse nature.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, including setup of conference calls/video equipment.Issue invitations, coordinate agenda, facilitate communication, and prepare materials.
- Attends meetings to take minutes as required.
- Screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling as appropriate.
- Create and track high quality proposals to ensure that they are accurate and sent out ontime.
- Preparation of PowerPoint Presentations to be delivered at various levels of theorganization.
- Update and maintain contact lists on various platforms.
- Facilitate the collection and organization of promotional materials including projectprofiles, project photos, reference letters, etc.
- Assist in drafting prime contract agreements and following up on execution under the direction of the President.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries.
- Collecting, distributing, and disseminating information as it relates to Administrative Reference Manuals under the direction of the President.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Electronic and paper filing.
- Running errands as required.
- Ad-hoc project as required.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in a corporate environment.
- Previous experience in the construction industry considered an asset.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Friendly and professional demeanor and embrace a collaborative culture.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet objectives and multi-task under tight timeframes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of general office processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills – a high level of professionalism of language both written and verbal.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Ability to travel as needed.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email