Accounts Payable Administrator – Cambridge, ON
We are looking to add an experienced Accounts Payable Administrator to our dynamic team of professionals at our Head Office in Cambridge, ON.
As the successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for the timely processing of construction payables and commitments as well as providing assistance with additional project as they arise. This position is accountable for accuracy in general conditions and commitment AP postings, monitoring of sub-contracts to ensure compliance with required documentation as it relates to insurance, statutory declaration, WSIB clearance certificates, and resolution of billing discrepancies.
- Matching, coding, and accurate processing of vendor invoices and sub-trade progress
- Maintenance and monitoring of construction sub-contracts ensuring compliance of required documentation (Certificates of Insurance, Statutory Declarations, and WSIB Clearance Certificates).
- Production of reports for Project Managers and resolution of variances and discrepancies.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements with company payable records.
- Preparation of semi-monthly and monthly cheque runs.
- Responds to vendor and/or sub-trade accounting inquiries in a timely and professional fashion.
- Serves as the main point of contact for correspondence with vendors and/or sub-trades.
- Resolution of billing discrepancies.
- Files A/P documentation.
- Manages vendor contracts.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
- 3+ years experience processing a high volume of AP transactions.
- Previous accounting experience in the construction industry.
- A post-secondary diploma in Accounting or Business Administration and/or equivalent in relevant experience and education.
- Solid understanding of double entry bookkeeping.
- Previous experience with construction accounting software. Experience with Timberline/Sage 300 and TimberScan considered an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite with a focus on Excel.
- Relevant experience with Procore Construction Software and/or Crystal Reports considered an asset.
- An effective communicator – a high level of professionalism of language both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to process data.
- Highly organized.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to function effectively within a team and collaborate well with others.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize among a multitude of tasks.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of the Construction Lien Act and documentation required for monthly payments and lien holdbacks.
- Knowledge of general office processes and procedures.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email