Accounts Payable Administrator – Cambridge, ON
or over 40 years VanMar's values have remained the same - and we continue to live by them
every day. Today, VanMar is a well-established and highly respected Design-Builder, Construction Manager, General Contractor, and Developer specializing in multi-residential, high rise, mid rise, institutional, and mixed-use projects.
We are looking to add an experienced Accounts Payable Administrator to our dynamic team
of professionals at our Head Office in Cambridge, ON.
As the successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Controller and will be responsible for
the timely processing of construction payables and administrative support. This position is
accountable for accuracy in general conditions Accounts Payable postings, reconciliation of
expense report processing, resolution of billing discrepancies, front desk reception and general
- Matching, coding, and accurate processing of vendor invoices and sub-trade progress billing forms.
- Production of reports for Project Managers and resolution of variances and discrepancies.
- Reconciliation of corporate credit cards.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements with company payable records.
- Preparation of semi-monthly and monthly cheque runs.
- Responds to vendor and/or sub-trade accounting inquiries in a timely and professional fashion.
- Enforces VanMar’s accounting and office policies and procedures.
- Resolution of billing discrepancies.
- File Account Payable documentation.
- Manages vendor contracts and new vendor set up.
- Front desk reception responsibilities: greeting visitors, answer telephone inquires and distribution of regular mail and courier parcels.
- Administrative support as required.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
- 3+ years experience processing a high volume of Accounts Payable transactions.
- Previous accounting experience in the construction industry.
- A post-secondary diploma in Accounting or Business Administration and/or equivalent in relevant experience and education.
- Solid understanding of double entry bookkeeping.
- Previous experience with construction accounting software. Experience with
Timberline/Sage 300 and TimberScan considered an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite with a focus on Excel.
- Relevant experience with Procore Construction Software and/or Crystal Reports
considered an asset.
- An effective communicator – a high level of professionalism of language both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to process data.
- Highly organized.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to function effectively within a team and collaborate well with others.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize among a multitude of tasks.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of the Construction Lien Act and documentation required for monthly
payments and lien holdbacks.
- Knowledge of general office processes and procedures.
- VanMar provides excellent compensation commensurate with experience.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- Health Spending Account.
- Discretionary Bonus.
- Three weeks’ vacation.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment
accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email