Accounting Administrator – Cambridge, ON
For over 40 years VanMar's values have remained the same - and we continue to live by them every day. Today, VanMar is a well-established and highly respected Design-Builder, Construction Manager, General Contractor, and Developer specializing in multi-residential, high rise, mid rise, institutional, and mixed-use projects.
We are looking to add an experienced Accounting Administrator to our dynamic team of professionals at our Head Office in Cambridge, ON.
As the successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Assistant Controller and the CFO and will be responsible for the timely processing of project billings, collection of accounts receivable, preparation of HST returns and bank reconciliations, accounts payable posting and support, maintaining general ledger accounts. This position is accountable for the accuracy and integrity of accounting records, timely processing to meet deadlines and compliance with VanMar’s internal processes, controls and CRA regulations.
- Preparing project related billings (construction management, development management, pre-construction, etc.) including compilation of supporting project cost reports and invoice backup for project owners as required.
- Responding to project owners on their accounting related comments resulting from draft billing submissions. Assisting with the collection of responses and requested information from project staff as required.
- Collection of accounts receivable based on the established terms of contract and communication to accounting department with a month end status report.
- Posting of all deposits in accounting software and completing bank runs as needed.
- Reconciliation and summary reporting of monthly HST returns for review by Assistant Controller
- Processing monthly HST remittance payments, refunds and Net-filing of the returns.
- Processing monthly corporate tax instalment payments.
- Processing of select accounts payable.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintaining capital asset and prepaid asset general ledger and subledger accounts and records.
- Posting recurring monthly adjusting journal entries.
- Ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned by Assistant Controller and/or CFO as required.
- A post-secondary diploma in Business or Accounting, and/or related equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of progressive, full-cycle accounting experience
- Knowledge of Introductory Accounting and Accounting Principles including the recording, analysis, and reporting of financial information.
- Knowledge of office administration and clerical practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of construction industry or project accounting is considered an asset.
- Sage 300 CRE/Timberline Software experience is preferred.
- Advanced abilities in a computerized environment utilizing software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), ProCore, and web-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven, environment.
- Ability to function effectively within a team and collaborate well with staff, colleagues, and managers.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- VanMar provides excellent compensation commensurate with experience.
- Extended health and dental benefits (including vision).
- Three weeks’ vacation.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contactedSubmit your resume by email